Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gint-A-Cuffs V: Packs 9-16

Let's get round 2 started. To recap, after the first 8 packs yielded 2 of my hits, my running total is +91.


PACK 9
247 Ryan Howard (FP) +2
ATY Anthony Rizzo +2
A&G Mini: 253 Mark Trumbo +2

PACK TOTAL +6
RUNNING TOTAL +97


PACK 10
336 Chase Headley (SP) +2
One Little Corner: Sedna +3

PACK TOTAL +5
ROLLING TOTAL +102

The One Little Corner cards feature 'one little corner' of universe, depicting either a particular planet, star or other celestial object. The design is nice and all but it's hard to get excited about these drawings of homogenous spheres. I think maybe constellations would be a bit more interesting. Maybe next year...


PACK 11
324 Justin Morneau (SP) +2
One Little Corner: Mercury +3

PACK TOTAL +5
ROLLING TOTAL +107


PACK 12
282 Tim Lincecum (MFP) +4
ATY David Ortiz +2
First Americans: Sioux +3

PACK TOTAL +9
ROLLING TOTAL +116

Hello, Timmy. Even after the ups and downs of his last season and a half, I still get excited when I pull a Timmy from a pack. Even a base card like this. I also got my first look at the First Americans minis. I really like these cards. The design is clean and solemn yet still has an organic feel. Living in Oklahoma, this might be a set I try putting together.


PACK 13
ATY Ryan Howard (FP) +4
A&G NNO: Bob Lemon +11

PACK TOTAL +15
ROLLING TOTAL +131

I wonder how many people have these no-numbers in their possession but have no clue.


PACK 14
332 Cole Hamels (SP) +2
One Little Corner: Eris +3
Black Mini: 291 Edwin Encarnacion +3

PACK TOTAL +8
ROLLING TOTAL +139


PACK 15
ATY Jayson Werth +2

PACK TOTAL +2
ROLLING TOTAL +141

And now we're feeling the affects of pulling 2 hits in the first 8 packs...


PACK 16
59 Joey Votto (FP) +2
325 Johan Santana (SP) +2
Civilizations: Mayans +3

PACK TOTAL +7
ROLLING TOTAL +148

After 16 packs, I'm 8 points off my pace from last year's contest. Who knows what's in store? (I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment