Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Spirit Base Series 1: 31-40

I'm gonna try a little bit of a format change here to keep these posts from getting stale. Let's see how this goes...


#31 Brandon McCarthy
McCarthy's a lanky fellow so I had to go with a torso-only shot to make the most of the space. If you're on Twitter and you don't follow him, I recommend you fix that. He's pretty funny and very insightful.

#32 Mike Minor
It may look a little like dust but those little specks are raindrops. I don't remember seeing too many rainy cards in the past.


#33 Manny Machado
You've probably seen a lot of Machado cards like this where he's stretched out making the throw to first. He's extra spread out in this one.

#34 Clay Buchholz
I had a hard time finding a photo of Buchholz where he didn't look like Falcor from The Neverending Story. This was the best I could find.


#35 Junior Lake
I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing that green ivy in Wrigley Field on a baseball card.

#36 Paul Konerko
Before making this card, I had never noticed Konerko's awesome K-face. It's probably too mean to put that on a card, though.


#37 Homer Bailey
"I'm Batman."

#38 Michael Bourn
I'm realizing it's a lot easier to find usable fielding photos than batting ones to fit this design. Whenever I come across one where a guy's limbs aren't hanging off the edges, I feel compelled to use it, even if he's known more for his glove than bat.


#39 Rex Brothers

#40 Max Scherzer
Scherzer's almost as prolific as Hunter Pence when it comes to goofy action faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment