Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 Spirit Base Series 1:71-80


# 71 - Brad Peacock
Peacock's pitch face really limited my photo options here. Luckily, his face contorts back to normal on his follow-through.

#72 - Eric Hosmer
The first appearance of the Royals' baby blue jerseys.


#73 - C.J. Wilson
What are the odds his foot would bend up just enough to leave me space for the Spirit logo?

#74 - Hyun-Jin Ryu
I'll refrain from making the easy joke about cake in the dugout.


#75 - Christian Yelich
DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY INTO HIS EYES.

#76 - Jonathan Lucroy
Maybe it's the Brewers connection but this card looks very Molitorian.


#77 - Brian Dozier
Dozier had a great 2013 season and a lot of people probably don't know much about him. I wanted to use a nice up-close photo so everyone could get to know him.

#78 - Ruben Tejada
Just a cool shot of a nice defensive play. And he's looking straight at the camera to boot.


#79 - Eduardo Nunez
The Yankees' blue is basically black in real life but I have to go in and add some color to these images. Can you tell I spruced up the helmet and undershirt?

#80 - Jarrod Parker
I don't know what kind of photo library Topps has to work with, but damn can it be hard to find shots of pitchers without goofy looks on their delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment