Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Spirit Base Series 1: 61-70


#61 - Cody Ross
I really wish Cody Ross was playing for a team not in the NL West. I love rooting for him but not at the expense of the Giants.

#62 - Jason Heyward
I considered using a photo with his extra long helmet flap since it's unique but it just looked too weird. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't need to be reminded of his broken jaw.


#63 - T.J. McFarland
There weren't a ton of photos to choose from but luckily had a few that were usable. Love those orange jerseys.

#64 - Shane Victorino
If baseball cards could utilize .gif technology, I'd totally use this image instead.


#65 - Edwin Jackson
Thought this was an interesting angle for a pitcher card.

#66 - Alexei Ramirez
Those White Sox uniforms really don't add much chromatically speaking.


#67 - Joey Votto
Probably one of the nicest combinations of color, lighting, pose and player so far. Very nice looking card

#68 - Marc Rzepczynski
Thank god for copy/paste.


#69 - Tyler Chatwood
I really like when the Rockies embrace their purple-mountain majesty. It's such a unique color in the MLB now.

#70 - Victor Martinez
Maybe it's because I don't watch a lot of AL ball, but I have the hardest time remembering Victor Martinez when it comes to "good hitters." He doesn't seem to have much of a presence on cardboard either. It's really strange when you do realize how good he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment